Our lives are so closely intertwined with our friendly neighbourhood merchant. The local kirana shop, the friendly pharmacist and the much loved eatery fuel our day to day life as much as they do the Indian economy. Yet, many of these merchants do not accept digital payments, inadvertently forming the foundation of a cash-rich economy with it’s various perils.
Mastercard and MS Dhoni have launched Team Cashless India as an initiative and aimed at empowering you - the citizens of India into embracing digital payments and ushering our country on a progressive path - one that offers safety, security, greater business success and progress for everyone. Come, be a part of Team Cashless India. And stand a chance to play cricket with Mahendra Singh Dhoni
As a consumer, you can participate by nominating your neighbourhood store to start accepting digital payments. As they hear from you, their core customers who matter to them, there is greater incentive for them to modernise their businesses by starting to accept digital payments. A less-cash economy begins with a more modern and business savvy small merchant as this segment comprises more than 90% of India’s merchant base. Quite simply then, our nation’s progress and the quality of your own day to day life is up to them. And you.
Merchants contribute by raising their hand, nominating their shops into Team Cashless. Participating banks will contact these merchants and help them in implementing digital payments acceptance in their business.
How to PlayMerchantsConsumers
As a merchant, you can enrol by nominating your own business into Team Cashless India. Our partner Banks and Payment Facilitators will approach you with a clear roadmap on implementing digital payments into your business. They will be able to address all your queries or concerns and further assist you on your training requirements. Once enrolled, simply keep accepting digital payments. Every transaction adds to your score.
As a consumer, you can participate by nominating stores that currently accept only cash payments. Every valid nomination adds to your score. So the more you vote, the more you score.
Our partnering Banks and payment facilitators will approach them with a detailed roadmap on implementing acceptance of digital modes of payments in their businesses.
To be eligible to win, the details submitted by you will be verified and basis the total number of verified nominations there are levels of gratifications which are,MerchantsConsumers
Every merchant who nominates themselves and starts accepting digital payments gets a certificate signed by Mahender Singh Dhoni.
Marketing support – Top performing merchants will receive marketing support for their business through interviews and promotions on print media, radio and television.
Shop makeover for the top-performing merchant based on number of transactions every month.
Grand prize – Top performing merchants during the campaign get a chance to play or attend a friendly match headed by MS Dhoni.
Every consumer who votes with a valid nomination of a merchant gets a certificate signed by Mahender Singh Dhoni.
Social recognition – Names of top weekly nominators will be announced on TV, radio, newspapers and social media platforms.
Grand prize – Top performing consumers during the campaign get a chance to play or attend a friendly match headed by MS Dhoni.
Benefits of digital payments
Digital Payments are good – for you, your friendly neighbourhood store and the country
- Research and data prove that the scale of business for merchants who accept digital payments goes up as more consumers, with greater purchasing power have the flexibility to spend anytime, anywhere
- Your operational efficiency goes up and administrative cost comes down with digital record keeping and modern accounting practices.
- You do not have to deal with the pressures of returning exact change to consumers against their purchases.
- Risks associated with keeping of cash reduces as digital payments get directly deposited to your bank account
- Your access to loans and working capital increases substantially as you maintain a credit history with Banks.
- You do not pay any MDR on Debit card transactions upto Rs.2000 , so it’s a win win proposition for you and your customers
- As a very important stakeholder of Digital India, you make a very important contribution by going digital
- Digital payments are safe and secure and improve the quality of your life
- You do not have to carry exact change so everyday situations – of hailing taxis or autos, buying groceries or medicines becomes convenient and hassle free.
- You do not have to carry cash always and can live life more spontaneously
- You have more time on your hands as you can shop online worry free
- You contribute in realising the dream of Digital India and hail our country on the path of progress.
Know more about going cashless
- Ranchi 13th- 14th Jan 2020
- Lucknow 16th- 17th Jan 2020
- Bhubaneshwar 23th- 24th Jan 2020
- Vadodara 10th- 11th Feb 2020
- Coimbatore 19th- 20th Feb 2020
- Bhopal 27th- 28th Feb 2020
- Raipur 2th- 3th Mar 2020
- Surat 6th- 7th Mar 2020